Friday, March 06, 2009

The auto ride!

Yes. The thought if expedition finally materialized after receiving the confirmation mail which was after i dropped the previous post. My waryness and apprehension was quite evident i suppose. Nevertheless, i finally made it. Beefcake.

I left hyderabad on the evening of february 26th. The train was to leave at 1900hrs from Kacheguda station. I expected the travel from my place to the station to last for 30 minutes, of course keeping motorbike, car and the bus population in mind but my calculation, like always, had been wrong. I always try to make the right calculation when it comes to time [of course do keep some clearance which is not included in my calculation which saves me. always.] but fail miserably. The auto ride was quite turbulent. People in hyderabad show of their driving skills in the conjusted areas. Their maneuvering skills, their ability to 'sneak' thro' fellow riders of the evening. As expected, the driver of the auto in which i was seated hit the rear end of another auto with his tyre. The other auto seemed to be riding in peace as 'my' auto was following for sometime before the rational thought arose in the drivers mind to overtake him when there was hardly 'good' space around and vehicles were joining the mainstream of traffic from different 'gallis', adding to my fury. I plugged in my player which gave me charlie parker to listen. The was relating the music with the picture outside. Meanwhile, the auto guy was taking sharp turns and applying instant brakes displacing me from the seat. The saxophone play was running fast and i could imagine myself [imagine?] being one of those comic guys in the black & white screen era [more like charlie chaplin. You know how his acts were supplemented by running music in the background. running music?]. Made it to the station before 5 minutes and learnt that the train will leave after half hour [which was common for it.]. Bangalore was the destination.

No comments: